Friday, January 12, 2007

Virgin swim



I was told that it is never too early for you baby to swim as he is used to living in the water. But I am still a bit sceptical about it. One of the reasons being is that baby doesn't have a strong immune system and we do not have access to any pool that is specially designed for newborn.

Until last 2 weeks, we finally decided to bring Preston to the public pool near our residential area. We shopped for his swimming gear and ready set to go.

It was his first time in the swimming pool, so we did not expect much as we just wanted to see his reaction in the pool as well as his cute look in swim suit... haha (*evil grin*)

The water was a bit cold, colder than the water we use to bathe him. He was a bit scared in the pool, kept clinging on me by pulling my shorts. I wasn't in the water. Daddy accompanied him in the pool and he clang to daddy too. It was the first time we noticed he needs us so much.

I think the whole environment was a bit overwhelming. Although not too crowded, it was quite noisy and water was splashing all around.

The "swim" was a really short one. I think around 10 minutes. We didn't want to traumatise Preston in the first session.

We will definitely bring him back again! Swimming skill is a must for my baby :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home