Saturday, December 23, 2006

Our bond

Since Preston has weaned off from breast feeding, I thought that I am just one of his care givers. I am a full time working mom; therefore he has a nanny who looks after him during the days. We only manage to spend at most 2 hours together at night after we have fetched him from the nanny. When he is at home during night time and weekends, husband and I both share the load of taking care of him. His daddy spends even more time with him. Therefore, I cannot imagine Preston will have "I want mommy" kind of thought at all.

But that is not the case, it is getting more and more obvious that Preston needs me, yes, he needs his mom :) He is a very active and do-not-want-to-sleep baby, therefore putting him to sleep is like slaughtering him, he will scream and try to escape from him sarong (vertical baby rocker with a sling and a set of springs). It is more obvious when his daddy is the one rocking him. Not withstand the screaming, I will normally takeover and sing him a song which I learned from primary school. Whenever I start singing, he will calm down, it is like magic spell and I am getting so pleased over this. Repeating the same boring song is indeed very tiring, but I have no choice because he will scream again when I stop. While on our way back from lunch today, he was so restless in the car and refused to sit in his baby car seat, so I thought of singing him the same old song. He stopped being restless immediately and lied on my chest while I patted and sang to him. It was so sweet.

We have accidentally invented a game together. Whenever he does something surprising, like almost drop a toy, I will make the surprising "heeekkk...." sound by inhaling in a long and loud manner. He thinks that is funny and he will laugh whenever I do that, never fails. I did not know that he will be able to pick up the skill until just now; he kept doing that to amuse me. Gosh! That was so scary (undeniably cute), how can I undo that?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. which pri school song is that? Sounds sweet!

9:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home