Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The fall

When I was on my way back home few days back, I saw a toddler at around the age of 2-3 fell down on the ground. He was crying very loudly. His mother was quite cool about it and told him "It's OK", she gave him a second before she tried to pull him up. There was an old man sitting on the bench nearby who immediately ran to him and helped him up. The incident really bothers me although Preston is merely a three-month-old baby. I started to think how I will react if I were the mother. I have always wanted Preston to learn something from his experience.

If I can control the whole incident, it would be this way.

- Preston falls down.

- Mommy asks "Are you OK, ni ni(that is his pet name)?"

- Preston climbs up on his own and says "Yes, mommy."

- Mommy says "You are such a brave boy."

- Mommy gives Preston a big hug.

Yeah, I just want him to be brave. I know it is not the fall that will hurt him, it is the way he will handle his fall.

posted by mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home