Monday, June 26, 2006

Preston is 3 months old



Here are some updates of Preston.

> He weighs 6.4kg and started on M size diapers.

> I have stopped breastfeeding as I will be going back to work soon. I am very glad that we don't have to go through the scary 'weaning off' phase as described by many breasftfeeding mothers, like babies refuse to take bottle or breast engorgement like other mommies suffer from. This is because we have started to supplement him with infant formula at the initial stage.

> My mom has gone back. She has been the main caregiver of Preston. I wasn't confident of taking care of him alone since he was born. My mom and mom in-law took turn to look after him since he was born, and now I have to be the MOM.

> He can now babble more words. He uses phrases like 'ang goo', 'ah goo' ,'ang grrrrrer', 'ang gu gu ang gu gu' at almost everything, either when he is happy, excited, sad or frustrated. He has extends his vocabulary to 'nan nan' when he is hungry and 'ging ging ging...' when he is hot. I don't know if the 'nan nan' part is random or he really knows what 'nan nan' means. I cannot reproduce other words that he says.

> We have sent him to the nanny's place since last Wednesday. I was so worried at first if he will be happy with the nanny or if the nanny knows what he wants. I was with him almost 24 by 7 since he was born. Mom was here to tell if the nanny is good enough for him. Surprisingly, it turns out to be much better than expected. The nanny is a very nice, well-organised person, and most importantly, she is experienced and she likes Preston and Preston seems to be comfortable with her.

> He is a gadget baby. We bought toys for him that supposed to be educational and fun for babies, but he doesn't show any interest at any of his toys. He will only be amused by handphone ringtone, camera and video cam. What an expensive baby.

> Overall, he is a healthy and happy baby.

posted by mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home